1) whenever 80-20 endorses with reservation, the advantage to the endorsed presidential candidate, seen on the extreme right column, would decrease. They occurred in 2004 and 2016. and
2) the maximum advantage to the endorsed candidate reached 47 points in 2012 for Obama!
In 2020, Biden Lost 1 million AsAm Votes & Won 3 states barely! He could do much better
In 2020, Biden didn’t answer 80-20’s questionnaire. Hence, as much as 80-20 opposed Trump's candidacy for his use of “Chinese virus”, “China virus” and “Kung Flu”, 80-20 didn’t endorse Biden.
Result? AsAms' vote for Biden was only 61% to 34%, according to a NY Times exit poll. Biden’s winning margin from AsAms was only (61-34)% = 27 points. That is 20 pts less than Obama. 20 pts less is a decrease of 1.04 million AsAm votes in the winning margin for Biden, because about 5.2 million AsAms voted in 2020.
Biden won GA, AZ and WI by 0.2%, 0.3% & 0.7% respectively. Had he done as well with AsAms as Obama, he would have won GA, AZ and WI by 1.1%, 1.0% & 1.3% respectively.
Why Didn’t Biden Do As Well with AsAms in 2020?
(1) Biden didn't answer 80-20’s questionnaire. Hence, 80-20 did NOT endorse Biden. 80-20’s ability to persuade AsAms to vote for those candidates who care for our rightful concerns is irrefutable, as the table at the top of the page has shown. For those who don't believe in my statement, click here to visit 80-20's e-newsletter Poster Boards. Week after week, readers of 80-20's e-newsletters would not only donate significant $$$ but also thank 80-20 for its service and dedication to AsAms.
(2) Most AsAms are opposed to "race preference college admissions", which AsAm Democratic politicians support fervently. So a fraction of AsAm voters who would normally vote for Biden went for Trump to register their unhappiness with the Dem. Party. To illustrate, every AsAm Dem. politician & organization supported CA Prop. 16, which would revert CA's college admissions to "race preference", but Prop 16 was defeated by a landslide in as Democratic a state as CA. Dems need to wake up!
RecentExtraordinaryEfforts By Pres. Biden to Help AsAms
(A) Since being elected, Pres. Biden has made superb efforts to emphasize that Asian Americans are an integral part of America, including
included the appropriation of $49.5 million from the American Rescue
Plan for AAPI survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
80-20 believes Biden's superb efforts, shown above, will put a STOP to the “perpetual foreigners plight of AsAms". As a result, AsAms, including Ch-Ams are NOW much less likely to be interned, even assuming an armed conflict were to arise between the US and China. Needless to day, we ourselves must strive to refute that image.
* Sixteen 80-20 supporters have donated $80.20 to Sen. Duckworth including one who donated for 5 months. 80-20 PAC shall donate $8,020.00. 80-20 also wrote Sen. Hinoro to pledge similar support when she runs.