80-20 EF's President S. B. Woo sent a letter, certified and return receipt requested, to the presidents and Chairpersons of the Board of the 8 Ivy League colleges. He asked them to introduce remedies to prevent discrimination against AsAm students in their admissions process, and requested a response. Here is an example.
SALUTING AsAmfaculty & staff working for Ivy colleges who SPOKE UP!
2. The many AsAm professors and staff who work for Ivy colleges and who donated most generously to EF's SELF project, including one Princeton prof. who donated $1000/yr for 5 yrs. immediately after EF's "UGLY facts on discrimination against AsAm youth" was published on Aug 1.
3. EF Board members, who are associated with Ivy colleges:
a)Alice Huang, retired professor from Harvard Medical School, b) S. B. Woo, Visiting Fellow, Kennedy School, Harvard university (1989), c) Wei-jing Zhu, Ph. D. In theoretical physics, Cornell University
Mail your 2 letters this WEEKEND to fulfill your share!
Here is all you need to do:
(1) Click here and print 2 copies each of "UGLY facts on discrimination against AsAm youth" of 4 pages. Use the best print quality.
(2) Use the internet to find out the the postal address of 1 state-wide and 1 local or ethnic newspaper in your locality. Remember that there will be others in your state making similar efforts.
(3) Send a copy of our "UGLY facts ..." to those 2 addresses, together with a cover letter (See template below).Sign it with 2 to 10 names, complete with signers' respective postal addresses and phone numbers. Post it.
(4) Send email@example.com an email, letting me know that you've "DONE YOUR NOBLE SHARE and the names of the two media." 80-20 will recognize you publicly.
"Dear Editors: We, the undersigned, would like to have the enclosed facts, circulated by the 80-20 Educational Foundation since August 1, published in your distinguished paper. (An electronic copy of the same info. is available at http://conta.cc/2hWJ4Ni.) Since then, similar opinions have been published in the New York Times ("Affirmative Action Battle Has a New Focus: Asian-Americans" - Aug. 3, 2017), the Wall Street Journal editorial ("What is Harvard Hiding" - Aug. 6, 2017), the Fox News Opinion ("Time for affirmative action to be based on income, not race" - Aug. 7, 2017 ) and the New Yorker ("The Uncomfortable Truth About Affirmative Action and Asian-Americans" - Aug. 10, 2017). Yet, not many people know about it in our great state. We would deeply appreciate it if you would make these ugly facts known to a broader audience.
Sincerely, names, locations and phone numbers)"
S. B. Woo
President and a volunteer for the past 18 years
80-20 Educational Foundation, Inc, a 501 C-3 organization,