This e-newsletter will illustrate the value of 80-20, made possible by your courage,support and sacrifice.
Time was from Nov., 2007 to Jan., 2008. 80-20 fought two pitched battles with 2 leading Democratic presidential candidates, Sen. Hillary Clinton & Sen. B. Obama.
Result? 3 AsAm cabinet members were appointed in 2009. AsAm federal judges tripled in the last 6 years. The U.S. Labor Dept. stated in writing to 80-20 that EO 11246 appliedto AsAms as well -- something that Elaine Chao heartlessly refused to do when she was the Labor Secretary.
Take a look at the titles of the e-newsletters, shown below, that 80-20 sent during that period. Where did we get such COURAGE? FROM YOU!
80-20 sent a questionnaire to presidential candidates, because each election was an opportunity to get the next president's promise to help our climb to equal citizen-ship. Easy to get them to reply? NO! It'd take great courage, skill & sacrifice.
The First Battle
By Nov., 2007, candidates like Sens. Biden, Dodd and Gravel had answered 80-20's questionnaire with 6 yeses. Unfortunately, the apparent "leading" candidate Sen. H. Clinton didn't. After behind the scene pleading with Clinton had failed, 80-20went public with a "call to action" asking the AsAm public to tell Clinton how we felt. That didn't work either. A battle unfolded. Happily, Sen. Clinton saw our plight. She graciously replied with 6 yeses.
- 11/27/2007 Call To Action - Write to Sen. Clinton's Campaign
- 12/01 Clinton's Statement Versus 80-20's 6 Questions
- 12/03 Faxes from Asian Ams to Sen. Clinton
- 12/05 Spreading Outrage Against Sen. Clinton (80-20 asked "Does Sen. Clinton have the courage to stand up for America's core value -- equal opportunity?)
- 12/10/2007 Sen. Clinton Replied to 80-20's Questionnaire with All Yeses
The Second Battle
Sen. Edwards & Gov. Richardson followed with 6 yeses, but NOT Sen. Obama. Behind the scene pleading occurred. That didn't work. 80-20 again went public and issued a "call to action' asking the AsAm public to fax Obama.
That didn't work either. The 2nd battle unfolded. 80-20 called to defeat Obama twice! We endorsed Sen. Clinton in CA's primary, and bought newspaper and radio ads in CA asking AsAm to vote for Hillary. Our message got through. Sen. Obama also graciously answered with 6 yeses. In return, 80-20 deleted the contents of all e-newsletters with a * to the left, because those were words of anger said in a fierce fight.
- 12/17/2007 *Call To Action -- Fax Sen. Obama
- 12/20 * Fax from Asian Ams to Sen. Obama
- 12/27 * Call To Action - Defeat Obama
- 12/28 * Reactions to "Call to DEFEAT Obama"
- 12/31 * Defeat Obama
- 1/02/2008 * GOOD NEWS
- 1/07 * Are the promises Really Iron Clad
- 1/08 Important Reminder - CA Voter Registration Deadline
- 1/12 * An Open Letter to Sen. Obama
- 1/13 * Fantastic Reaction to "Letter to Sen. Obama"
- 1/18 * A Historic Fight Begins in California (80-20 endorsed Hillary in CA's Democratic primary against Obama)
- 1/19 * Feedback: We'll Fight This Historic Battle (rooting for Hillary)
- 1/21 * Victory Now & For Future Generations (rooting for Hillary)
- 1/23 * Great News! Must read (rooting for Hillary)
- 1/25 * Higher College Admission Bars for Asian Ams (rooting for Hillary)
- 1/27 * How close is the race btwn Clinton & Obama (Polls showed AsAms voting 3 to 1 for Sen. Clinton)
- 1/29 * Why? Why? Why? Political Insight! (rooting for Hillary)
- 1/31/2008 Sen. Obama Replied with all Yeses
The titles of above e-newsletters can ALWAYS be seen on our website. Click here, & go to Blog Archive on the right to click on 2008 January, 2007 Dec. & 2007 Nov.
Who But 80-20?
Two great battles fought. Friendship from two political leaders won! Who supplied the COURAGE? YOU! Who but 80-20 is so dedicated to you? Will you children want you to help make 80-20 stronger?
FORWARD this email to our young people who are NOT aware of your courage & to AsAm Republicans, some of whom still think that 80-20 is a Democratic front.